Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Your Life, Your Time

Greetings Awakening Ones!

Whoever said, "Time is money" really started sometning in our society. Namely, the need to rush, push and work ag a feverish pace; after all money is the great motivator!

I love the author's statement that neither we nor time exists to simply be devoured! It is to be used but with conscious thought; it is precious but that doesn't mean we must use every moment working or making time pay off.

use it to bless us and those around us. Let it bring out our creativity and healthy productivity. And, let it rest when that is called for.

So....How do you use your time?
. If you had a year to live, six months, one month...would you do anything differently?

Well, make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I use my time unwisely regretting the past and overly concerned about the future.

    What would I do differently or more consistantly, iI I had less than 6-months to live. I would stop acting like I had an unlimited amount of time, be a blessing to someone everyday, ditch my to do list and do it all today, forgive quickly, terminate my job, have a face-to-face conversation with important people in my life and become a law student and a chef, even if for one day.

    Live completely in the moment, ensure nothing important is postponed, laugh heartily and take a large pot of food to the homeless park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I only had 6 months I'd use that time to show more love, meet more loving people and enjoy positive and enriching experiences. Right now I spend most of my free time, isolated, working on my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thats an interesting questions and timely because I have been actually thinking about that. A lot would depend upon my health. If I was my normal healthly self, I would create experiences. Travel, learn new practices like the Thai Yoga and Massage, do things that I feel draw me closer to the real spirit that I am, and I have been learning and doing some of those things now. I would be very careful as to who and what get my time.
    Even though I dont have any reason to think I only have a short time, I think I have been putting some of those things in place. I mentioned recently I watched how much TV time I was spending, and I have all put cut it out, and have been able replace that time with time to "do" and "be" rather than spectate.

    ReplyDelete