Friday, February 25, 2011

Too Fat? Too Thin? Not Enough?

Good Day Awakened Ones!

Someone once said, "what you think of me is none of my business!". That's a great statement if you really believe it! Most of the time we do believe what others say about us and, what is worse is that we say some pretty awful things about ourselves!

We spend way too much time making assumptions, telling ourselves stories about what we think people are thinking about us. Or, we make choices or take actions based on unsubstantiated info. All of this hurts our relationships and may cause us to present with faulty attitudes!

Stop judging yourself and others! Do a Reality Check within to honestly see what may or may not be true about you or the Truth of you!

So, ask yourself these things:
. Is there any truth in the judgements about me?
. Is there any truth in the judgements I am making about others or....are they just my opinions?
. What does my negative self talk say about me?
To whom or what do I give my power away?

Well, make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the author when she says let the judgment –if it carries an emotional resonance, work as a useful if tough catalyst for moving forward. What I judge myself most about is not following through and when I hear that come back as critical feedback or judgments from others, I use it to heighten my awareness of the commitments I am making and if they are realistic or am I saying yes when I should say no; setting unrealistic timelines and running out of time and steam? Then I breathe deeply and make adjustments, grateful that instead of reacting and getting into more negative self-talk, I am learning to acknowledge a shortcoming and look at my choices and learn from what’s not working. I try not to indulge in negative self-talk after acknowledging the issue; instead I focus on what I can learn so that the price I paid isn’t in vain, I really focus on getting the lesson. When it comes to others I try to listen to myself and notice when I’m judging. I have an easier time refraining myself when it comes to others because I just recall how much I dislike being judged. Power comes when I acknowledge my behaviors, attitudes, and when they aren’t producing what I say I want, when I stop in my tracks give thanks for noticing, get silent in prayer, ask for guidance and choose a different behavior with an attitude of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete