Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peace on Earth

Greetings Beloved Ones!

We sing a song that says, let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me. Yes you are the author and creator of peace in your world, your inner world. But, how often are you rude, critical and violent towards your own self?

We speak negatively to and about ourselves; putting ourselves down, criticizing our every fault and flaw. How can peace begin with us when we are so harsh with ourselves? Yes peace must begin with us! It starts by loving one's self!

So the questions for today are:
. How do you make peace with yourself?
. How do you make peace with others?
. What is disturbing you right now? What's you plan of action?

Well, make it a peaceful day!
Blessings, Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. This lesson clearly pointed out that I am a peaceful person, but not a strong peacemaker. There are several items in the peacemaker list to which I need to pay closer attention. It is now apparent that I need to raise my levels of self-awareness and self-control in this regard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love today's reading. It shed some light on my current 'struggle'. I feel that I make great efforts everyday to be loving and peaceful with others. Yet, I am often very critical of myself. I feel overwhelmed by my constant need to be better, to be more loving, to be more peaceful. I never feel that what I am doing is good enough. I have placed so much emphasis on seeing peace and love manifested in the outer world that I gave little thought to my inner world. Today is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently made a decision that cost me quite a bit of money when I am financially building stability. At first I began to berate myself - and then suddenly I stopped and decided to pray. I picked up an old journal and opened to a passage I had written about self-love; and I shifted my attention - to what I love about me - that I can recover from errors, I am resilient and I bounce back and I am courageous because I can shift and make a different decision. I smiled, let myself rest in the peaceful feelings that flooded me and instead of being cranky or in a funk I brought that sense of peace to everything and everyone I encountered today.

    In making peace with others involved in my poor decision- I simply called and said after praying I've made a different choice, stated it simply and said be blessed. I think my internal sense of peace reached them, there was no argument or badgering.

    I'm not feeling disturbed right now - because of the above two days I'm feeling peaceful. I am journaling about this experience so the next time I find myself in a situation, I have a plan of action.

    ReplyDelete