Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Value Other's Gifts

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Have I told you Lately that I love you? And not only that, but I appreciate you, and value all of your gifts, talents and abilities.

This lesson today is so right on time for me because it has come to my attention that I don't always let people know how much I value them or see their talents. In fact, they may feel disempowered or devalued by my strong personality or presence.

We all may need to be more aware of our impact upon others, even though everyone is responsible for their own inner feelings and sense of self. The truth of the matter is we can only feel devalued if we accept what others say or don't value our own self-worth.

However, we must still be aware of how we express our selves to others. We must still offer love and concern, appreciation, and kindness.

So the questions are:
. Whose talents and abilities do you admire?
. How do you demonstrate your appreciation of others?
. When was the last time you connected with someone society may have deemed to be a "marginal" person? What beauty or worth did you
find there?

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and relative to me now. I have become the point of contact for mymother's doctor's, nursing home and hospice coordinators and in doing so, this lesson has made be look at how others (paticularly my siblinghs may feel that I do not value them). I will be mindful to express positivity and openess to their ideas and efforts.

    Whose talents and abilities do you admire? Si many people. I really try to see the positive in people.

    . How do you demonstrate your appreciation of others? I am vocal about that, but I have noticed that I think I do that easier with friends and acquaintances than with family.

    . When was the last time you connected with someone society may have deemed to be a "marginal" person? What beauty or worth did you find there? That term "marginal" is hard for me to process. Idon't feel anyone is marginal, and connect with all types of folks all the time.

    ReplyDelete