Friday, February 11, 2011

Unwrap your motives

Greetings Beloved Ones!

We all have reasons for doing the things we do, even if they are unconsious. However, it may feel like we just do something without any motive or reason. We would probably be surprised if we looked behind our actions to see our motives!

Motives call for honesty and authenticity and that perhaps scares us. We might not like our motives because they may appear to be selfish or self-centered, yet we have them.

Think about this, knowing your underlying motives can actually help you to make clearer choices with more impact for your life. There may be positive and negative motives but we gain power when we can acknowledge them all. Who knows, when seeing them, we might be moved to make another choice!

The question for today is actually an action step:
. Pick a situation that you are currently in, or a relationship and ask yourself -"what are my motivations here?"

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Ingoing through a lot with my siblings as it relates to my mother's care, I have been really careful at looking at my motivations andchoosing my words very carefully. I feel like I have become a sole advocate for my mother and what she wants to do, and I have to negotiate/convince/work against my siblings at time. Which I find so odd,because I really we all would be on board with my mother's wishes. I have really watched that my motivation is bottom-line doing what I can do to make her situation as comfortable as I can, without taking on more than I can manage. So far - so good.

    ReplyDelete