Monday, February 7, 2011

The Power of "As If"

Greetings Awakening Ones!

We have all heard the phrase "Fake it till you make it!", which can come in handy in a pinch. There may be times when we are not yet where we want to be but "acting as if" can help in the the process.

Although some may feel this not authentic behavior, it can be just the thing to help motivate or move us inwardly. When we are "acting as if", we are actually calling upon the energy, qualities, and insights we need and want! It can beef up our confidence and lets us see our potential in a safe and encouraging manner.

The questions for the day are:
. Have you ever "faked it" in a situation? What was the outcome?
. Do you see a difference between "faking it" and "acting as if"?
. What do you think will help you express your inward desires?

Well, make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. I think "faking it" comes when you don't have any idea or plan how to do achieve something which usually ends up in disaster. "Acting as if" is when you may not know how, but you trust and believe in your Spirit that you will get all you need to complete your task. I'd been assigned to lead a project and had no idea what I was doing in charge. But I knew I had the support system to pull me through. If I had panicked I would have failed. But I trusted in self and in the Creator and it all worked out successfully. Trusting in Spirit will help me express my inward desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, and recently. I have been a bit moody lately dealing with my mother's illness and coming to terms with possible outcomes and there have been many times recently where I still wanted to do things positive for myself but didnot have the motivation. Example - going to the gym. So I only committed to just "going and watching some tv from the eliptical machine" - not too much of a commitment. And in doing that it led to a bit more motivation to do more (not much more LOL, but more).
    I do see a difference in faking it and really feeling it. When I really motivated to do something without the "fake" I am much peppier in my step. But even a not-so peppy step is still a step.

    ReplyDelete