Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Danger! Leisure Ahead

God's Day!

After you have been work'in hard for the money, you probably can't wait until you can relax or maybe even retire. We love the idea od doing nothing. But, it wouldn't be long before we were hungering for something to do!

As human beings we love to have a purpose or direction to our lives; we love for there to be meaning in the things we do. We would go stir crazy with out something to engages us, be it socially or mentally.

So while you take your rest from time to time, which is necessary for your well being; be mindful that having work or a purpose or activities of engagement are also vital to your sense of well being! Appreciate your work!

The question for the day is:
. If you were not working for a living or you are retired from work, what would you do with your life? How would you spend your day? How would you find meaning and purpose?

Well, make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Similar to yesterday's questions, but I find meaning and purpose when I am learning something - almost anything.
    Last week, I hung grass cloth wallpaper for the first time, but having that project really helped me theraputically. I think I feel out of control with somethings that are happening in my life, it is good to do a project or learn something new. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and a "yes I can do this" challenge. So I would definitely challenge myself with learning new things, spiritually, culturally and hands-on creativity.

    ReplyDelete