Monday, February 14, 2011

The Power of Purpose

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Have you ever asked yourself why am I here? What is my purpose for being? What am I "supposed" to be doing in life? All of these are powerful questions and we can make them some the of existential experience or we can simply try to get in touch with our heart's desires and what makes us feel alive.

Finding your purpose is a personal journey into the discovery of who you are or more aptly who you desire to be. It is knowing your wants and needs, what excites you and pulls you towards greater growth, and what brings you happiness and joy.

So, I ask you:
. What brings you happiness and joy? And, are you able to do it enough so that it fulfills a purpose in you?
. Do you know what your purpose is?

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. It saddens me to say, at this age I’m still not sure of my purpose. I’m very clear about “what I bring to the party,” and what my gifts are, and what I love with deep passion. But while those things are indicators, I don’t feel like they clearly identify my purpose. Oh, I can give etherial/spiritual answers, knowing that I am a child of God, here to give love, but I do not yet know my individual purpose. As I age, I have thought many times about what my legacy would be. Thankfully, my children and grandchildren prove I was here. Today’s lesson asks, what trace I want to leave behind - which seems a more appropriate question for me. I’m hoping the next lesson(s) will help me discover the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few month ag, in a Thai ceromony, it was explained to me that one's "Kwan" is where one's morale and psychological health resides. I saw that as sense of purpose. A piece of cotton string is tied around a person's wrist by an elders, on the left arm if you feel youare searching for your Kwan, in order to bring it back to you.

    So currently I still have a string on my left arm, and it i a constant reminder of me to look at life in a deeper why to to feel and understand what my purpose is.

    It was said that when it falls off on it's own, then that will be when "kwan" is with me. Or at least keep it on for a minimum of 3 days before untying.

    I still have it, and I don't know exactly what my "purpose"is, but I like that the physcial presense of the string keeps my reminded to look at the purpose in what I do and how I interact with people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a question I ask myself constantly. As I look back over my life, I have come to realize my purpose is to serve. Somethime, I can't say that I have always accepted my purpose without question, but I now know how my life has prepared my for this task. I feel most alive when I am acting out of my truth. When there was a time when I would say "Why me" now I say to myself Why Not Me. I feel honored that GOD has entrusted the care of others to me. I would like to leave this earth a better place where we all care for ourselves and others.

    ReplyDelete