Thursday, February 10, 2011

Think harder and deeper

Greetings Bellved Ones!

Are you in a rut? Do you find yourself doing the same things over and over, experiencing the same things over and over, meeting and hanging out with the same people? All of this things can lend themselves to boredom, lethargy, and feeling like life has no meaning.

Our author says we feel our best when we are solving a problem, meeting a challenge or finding out or experiencing something new. I suppose it stimulates the mind and provides direction, focus, and energy. We feel more alive.

So, the questions for today are:
. When was the last time you experienced something new?
. When was the last time you made a new friend?
. What is different about your life?

Well, make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. I tried something new last week. (making a video for YouTube) I didn't quite get it but I have not giving up. I agree with the author and intend on challenging myself more often. I believe I am making new friends in this class. What is different about my life today is that I am more conscious of how little a give to myself and determined to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. . When was the last time you experienced something new?
    I am always experincing something new. That is one thing I like about how I live my life on this earth. I consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none. Which is OK, cuz I enjoy learning a little about a lot of things. Newest thing was a home project. I watched a YouTube Do It Yourself video, and then I DID IT. That simply. And it did a lot for my spirit.

    . When was the last time you made a new friend?
    Last month I made a new friend. And probably 2 -3 month prior to that. I tend to meet a lot of people and see "chance meeetings" as "there must be some reason for meeting this individual, lets see what that can be. I remember over the summer, I was drawn to a person, but not in an "I think you are attractive and want to date you" way, but in a "there is something about you". Since then we have become friends, and not knowing at the time, but this brother meditates every day, and seems to have a spiritual connection that I admired. Through him, I was turned on Thai massage, and since took classes, and am now planning on actually getting certified in massage. I think back now and think that meeting was a catalyst to me being more involved in Massage and Yoga.

    . What is different about your life?
    I am more conscious about experiencing my life.

    ReplyDelete