Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Your attitudes are contagious

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Listen to this, "Attitude is expressed through presence - before a single word is spoken"! Oh how true. I know that whenever I am at odds or feeling out of sorts, it just oozes out of my being. I find it hard to put on a smiley face when I am processing my feelings inwardly.

Yet, our attitudes affect the people around us constantly. While we don't want to be a sour puss, for some, the challenge is how to be true to yourself and honor what is taking place within you while interacting with others. Well, we can start by acknowledging others and also acknowledging or sharing our need to process some things. This may help to alleviate any unacknowledged tension.

In the meantime, our author suggests we cultivate attitudes that support your finest vision of living, then let yourself live them out.

So, the questions for the day are:
. What attitudes do you want to cultivate ?
. What do you do when you are not in the best of moods and you must be around or interact with other people?
. Have you ever "caught" an attitude? Do share :)

Well, make it a valuable day,
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. The attitudes I want to cultivate are perpetual faith, love, gratefulness and forgiveness.

    When my mood is not the best and I must be around others, I am quiet and try to make the encounter as brief as possible without being totally rude. If I must engage others then I compartmentalize my feelings and do what must be done – I tell myself this is not about you – get on with the business at hand.

    I work at a small firm in which I am the only admitted non-Republican. On a daily basis if I allowed myself to go there, I could “catch and hold on to an attitude” based on how diametrically opposite my colleagues and I view and assess the causes of the state of our country and the world. Trust when I say it gets loud and ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attitudes must be easily discernible because I don’t know how many times people have pointed out how I am feeling about what’s going on in a room of people - when I haven’t said a word. Or, I’ve been told that my words were out of alignment with what my face (and body) is saying. That usually happens when I’m trying to spare someone’s feelings.

    ReplyDelete