Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mistakes are not deadly

Good Day Beloved Ones!

I bet it is safe to say we all have made mistakes we wish we hadn't, done things we wish we didn't do, or just plain messed up! I don't know how it happened but most of us suffer from a bit of perfectionism.

We tend to notice what went wrong, what didn't work, or focus on the one negative comment out of ten. Here's the thing....stuff is going to happen! Things are not always going to go off without a hitch, mistakes will be made! It is not the end of the world although we often carry it around as if it is.

We don't want to appear foolish, look bad, or have someone else see us in a limited or negative light. Stephanie Dowrick, author of "Choosing Happiness" states, "Fearing your own mistake diminishes you. Remind yourself, my mistakes don't define me. Getting over them is far more valuable"

Get over it! Get over them!! And move on with your life!

So, the questions for today are:
. Is there something you have done or not done, that impacted your life as a result of a mistake?
. How do you handle your mistakes?
. How do you handle mistakes others make that effect you?

Well, I would like to say, make it a mistake free day but that's not the goal! Just make it a valuable day!

Blessings,
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. This is another important lesson for me. Little mistakes I can forget but if I believe it has had an impact on my life I pick-up up and don't let go. It took this moment to recognise that I have baggage.

    I am changing my perception, so I can change my reaction and bring my reality closer to my spiritual self. I am in the process of being gentler with myself.

    ReplyDelete