Monday, January 17, 2011

Workplace Values in Practice

God' Day to you!

The vaules listed in today's reading were awesome! If we could apply just some of them consistently in our lives, we would be transformed! I am thinking about asking the author if I can put them on a poster.

Before heading out to work, what if you identified or set your intentions for the day regarding how you were going to treat people that day, or, how you were going to respond to people no matter what the circumstance, or how you were not going to "make" anybody wrong even if they made a thousand mistakes, or if you were going to be solution oriented only, or you were going to challenge all of your assumptions that day.

I bet you would have an outstanding day. So...why not look at the list, pick a few statements and commit to applying them today and see what happens!

The question for today is, what is your favorite nugget on the list of workplace values in practice (p. 127)

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

4 comments:

  1. My Favorite nugget value in the workplace is be a constant source of support and encouragement for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk less, listen more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite nugget on the list is under the heading of Value Consistency - Be consistent with your values across all areas of your life. To be consistent with my values, I must know my values and apply them regardless of the situations. This takes fortitude and I am not always successful. I must realize in which values I am strong and on which ones I need to work. This means I must own and accept all facets of me the good and the challenging parts. For the challenging parts, I must affirm they are in alignment with my true values.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be true to your own defintion of success.

    I know that really represents where my head is now, and wasnt there in the past. I know I have pursued certain training/ certifications in my work field of I.T. because of I felt it was "the next step" to being more successful at my job, but I have redined that as where "work success" really relates to my overall success as a human being.

    It's allowed me to be inspired to pursue outside personal training not in the I.T. field.

    ReplyDelete