Friday, January 14, 2011

Paid to Grow

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Think about this, every experience, every circumstance, every situation, is designed to provide an opportunity for growth. Life is about understanding and working with our "growing edges". And where is the place that offers us the most time to have those experiences, circumstances and situations? Well our place of work of course!

We spent a great part of our waking hours at work. We engage the most amount of people at work. The majority of our tasks and responsibilities are carried out at work. So.....with all of this happening at work, the work place gives us the perfect opportunity to work on, and work out our growing edges. Ha! We are being paid to grow! How good is that!

So, the questions for the day are:
. What are the values that you most need in your particular work place?
. What are the life lessons you are learning at work? What are your growing edges?
. What or who challenges you most and what does that say about where you are and what you need most?

Well, go and grow! Oh, and do a little work also.
Make it a great day!
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. I may be retired, but I remember all-too-well having many conflicts between my personal values and those of the workplace. Because I felt I needed a job for the income and felt compelled to stay within the framework of the organization, I was mostly compliant. But every so often I became angry and bitter about the place in which I worked. Eventually, I would let it go, claiming disloyalty to the source of my income. Before I knew it, my personal work ethics, care for our customers and belief in honest work for honest dollars - led me to perform again. I was always clear and would declare often that my life was not validated by the people I worked for. Therefore, criticism nor praise was taken to heart; though the positive relationships were meaningful to me. These clashes contributed heavily to my decision to free myself.

    Had I read this book when I was younger, I certainly would have had a different understanding and perspective of the workplace. I will provide this information to my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and still do enjoy being paid to grow. Every day there is a new opportunity to learn, grow, share, and to live and be my best person ever. Still learning, still achieving, learning to labor and to wait (with apologies to the poet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really blessed to not have any work place drama or major challenges at work. I learn a lot about communication at work, and how to talk to people. For me, even what could have been percieved as a difficult situation, usually is less stressful when we are able to really talk about it. My workplace atmosphere seems to encourage that.

    Also, thanks to telecomuting, much of what is said and done is through email or documention, so communication effectively is really important.

    ReplyDelete