Friday, January 21, 2011

Fresh Ambitions

God's Day To You!

Well, let's continue talking about ambition and what it is you believe drives you in life. Is it all about success? And what are you trying so hard to succeed at? And, are you happy? Do you have enough time for your inner life and are youngest as ambitious about relaxing and discovering the joy of living?

This is all about helping us to remember that we have choice! We do not have to live life unconsciously or frantically or without time to savor the freshness of life!

The author gives us plenty of questions to ask ourselves today:
. Who am I trying to please/impress/persuade through my ambitions?
. Do my ambitions express and support the best of who I am?
. What and who do I need to sacrifice to achieve this ambition?
. Am I choosing my ambitions or are they choosing me?
. Could I achieve my ambitions less painfully - driven by delight in the process rather than anxiety about the outcome?

I hope you are able to dig deep and see what comes up and if you think you have no ambitions, look again.

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. For many years, I admitted to not being ambitious about employment. I had to really understand feelings so as not to be ashamed to admit that. I knew my skills; my attributes; my work ethics; my worth - and, I was proud. This was especially true because business associates knew me as well. But, there was not much within those organizations to which I really aspired. Instead, my reputation and my Spirit/Guide led me to upward mobility in every job I’ve ever had. On the other hand, I am very ambitious about Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at how I exist I am not trying to . Who am I trying to please or impress anyone else with my ambitions. I don't think I would say the same for the past -but I am living in the present, and the "who" I am trying to please or be in tune with is my on conscience.

    Just the other day a family member said to me, about another family member " X thinks you should be doing this instead of that, and more of this other thing". I paused and thought for a second and was very secure in my reply "You know, I am not really swayed by what other people think what I should be doing, if I feel I am doing what I feel good".
    The person who told actually seemed disappointed that they didn't get a rise or negative reaction. And in retrospect, it was probally the person who said it opinion of me, and wanted to attribute it to someone they thought I would respected enough that it would sway my actions,
    I am defintiely choosing my ambitions, which may be why things my move slowly for me because I can vasilate between different paths before commmitting to one.
    That statement about "delight in the process" as opposed to having anxiety over the outcome" is a good one. I will keep an eye out on wear my mind is as I think about things I have to do.

    ReplyDelete