Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Take your body to work

Greetings Awakened Ones,

Wherever you go, there you are! On most mornings you get up, get dressed and go to work. You pamper you body in preparation for work and once there you forget about it. Your mind takes over and begins to fill itself with tasks, ideas, frustrations, concerns, problems to be solved, etc. Before you know it, your body is tense or reacting with a headache or some other physical malady.

We have to also bring our bodies to work and give them some attention when the mind begins to over work itself. Stretch, do so breathing exercise, take a walk, shake up you body and focus on it for a while. It will balance you and relax you as well. It will energize you and have a centering effect. Bring your body to work or any activity you are engaged in that requires your attention.

The questions for the day are:
. How do you soothe yourself at work? Do you do anything physical?
. What do you do to help you remember that you are a threefold being, Spirt, Soul (mind), and Body? How do intergrate the three while at work?
. Do you love your body?

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. . How do you soothe yourself at work? Do you do anything physical?

    This was a good reminder because now I do nothing at work for my physical body. I really separate the two, when I am at work, which really isn't the best.
    . What do you do to help you remember that you are a threefold being, Spirt, Soul (mind), and Body? How do intergrate the three while at work?
    Same answer. So this has given me something to work on.
    . Do you love your body?
    LOL, Yes because it is very forgiving when I am not "working" on it, and on the flipside very responsive when I do the least little positive thing. That is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At to soothe myself, I try isolate myself from the office turmoil. If that does not work, I listen to uplifting music and/or go outside and take a few deep breathes. To remind myself I am Spirit, on my way to work I listen to a Sunday lesson taught by Rev. S, and I have affirmations as my screen saver. I bring my soul to work when I put God first (remembering I am one with the source) and try to keep my ego in check. My work is not physical at all. I am tethered to a drafting table for 90% of my day. This lesson is a great reminder to bring all of me to every experience. Sounds simple yet I have not been doing it. I love that I have a body which supports me, however, I am working on reconfiguring it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soothe myself at work with music. Most mornings I start off with light, mellow jazz. In the afternoon, when I need a pick me up, I go for something a bit more upbeat, like some jazzy house or "smooth jazz."

    I don't do anything physical at work, but I try to walk around when I can. We had someone come in the office and show us all these stretches and exercises to do everyday with co-workers. That lasted 2 days! I still stretch periodically.

    Funny, I have been thinking about something to remind me of my Spiritual nature (other than someone else testing me!). Some sort of discreet symbol or picture. Perhaps I'll set an alarm with message that says, "You are a child of God!"

    I do love my body and I have just joined a gym next to the office so I can get back into my regimen and keep my body strong. It's been over a year since I've exercised regularly.

    ReplyDelete