Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wholehearted Living

Greetings Beloved Ones!

As we approach this new year we are filled with hope for the best. Yet we all know that life brings us it's fullness; joy and sorrow, ups and downs, bright moments and dark moments.

We all know how to enjoy the happy moments in life however, how do we get through the challenging and darker moments?

Our author says, "To live wholeheartedly is a value. And it takes genuine, minute by minute courage. The great thing to know is that courage is alwayslearned on the run and never a moment
before it's needed".

What that says is that we will usually muster up the courage, know how, and energy to do what must be done in the moment. God always shows up when we need it and in a way that is for our highest good.

The advise for the day is, "Pay attention to what will support you rather than to what's defeating you"

The questions for today are:
. What values do you use to move you out of a low state od mind?
. How do you embrace the wholeness of life and deal with all it brings?
. How do you cultivate the courage to recognize that you are enough--that you are worthy of love, belonging, and joy?

Have a great day!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is so good to be off the road and back on track with my teacher and these lessons. I have missed my daily connection and my dose of goodness that supports and carries me throughout the day. I suppose that answers your first question. The values that move me out of that low state of mind is my spiritual community. I realize that when I can not get out of my fear or doubt, I move to a place of reinforcement. I have learned to move closer to my faith and spiritual community when I am in need of uplifting. I embrace the wholeness of life by knowing that this is only a moment and the next moment will show me something different and if I simply stay in that moment things ALWAYS get better. I know I am enough because I know that GOD doesn't create anything that isn't. My job is to find my "enough" to take the ride the ups and downs, the goods, the not so goods, and through all of that I will find the goodness, grace, clarity, and purpose that GOD sent me here to experience and through that I become all that GOD create me to be. I know it sounds airy fairy to many but what I know for sure is the less I stress the more enjoyable the ride.

    I love you and the work you do to keep us spiritually awake and aware. I appreciate what you give us through your tireless efforts to bring us closer to our spiritual righteousness (right use of) This enables us all to embrace the wholeness of life and deal with all it brings by having a spiritual community that supports the best in us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. . What values do you use to move you out of a low state of mind?
    I am not sure if they are "values" but knowing that the low state of mind will pass, just knowing that helps. I can either ride it out, or I can use tools that I have to move myself out of it quicker - be it, just being still, prayer, taking a "just do it" (even when u dont feel it) attitude. The value behind it is that I have a "knowing" that the big things are working out inline with the universe, whether I recognize ir or not.

    . How do you embrace the wholeness of life and deal with all it brings?

    Recognizing the connectedness. How the "so-called" coincidences arent that, and are part of the whole. Looking back at things, and realizing that where I have taken leaps of faith, or couldnt understand why something happened, I can now see that had it not happened, subsequent things would not have happened. The not being able to see around corners, but being ok with it awareness.

    . How do you cultivate the courage to recognize that you are enough--that you are worthy of love, belonging, and joy?

    Kinda of funny, but many times I repeat to myself what Rev. Sylvia says on Sunday mornings "Good Morning Beloved Ones". That "Beloved One" part really resonates with me, and hearing it in my head makes me say "OH yeah, I AM Beloved, Yes, things WILL be OK, and it confirms that I am enough and worthy. If you are beloved, then you are definitely worthy of love -simply by definition. Its a very simple statement, but really profound when I repeat it to myself.

    ReplyDelete