Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Library of Strengths

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Since I skipped two days, I am going to catch up and cover three lessons today. They are:"To thine own self be true,but what if you're the problem?"; "Your values are changing the world."; and "The library of strengths". Even though they are three different topics they are all talking about our values and how we use them or don't, how they benefit us, or not, and how we can deepen them in our lives.

Let's start with the fact that we may be the problem in our own lives. Well, duh! We always have something to do with what is happening in our lives. And the good news is that we can also change our perspective about what is happening in our lives. What do you need to change to bring more joy and happiness into your life? Think about it!

And, how great is it to know that our values are actually changing the world! It all starts with us changing our individual expression in the world. This is very to the popular phrase, "Be the change you wish to see in the world". So the work of world peace really does begin with us.

So it seems we gave to get more practice of building our values and actually using them. Review the list of values and choose one each day to work on!

The questions for today are:
. Are you confusing "what you do", with "who you are"? How can you bring more joy into your life while staying true to what really matters?
. What are the things that you will no longer accept or tolerate in your life
. Can others really cause us to do things that are against our values? Explain

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Joy is expanded in my life when I strike a balance between selfishness and selflessness. I make time for the things I personally enjoy, as well as the joy of serving others. When either of those get out of whack, and they have, then I can feel my joy contracting, and undesirable feelings expanding in my life. More balance=More joy for me.

    I no longer allow a monopoly of my time, no matter what.

    I have done things that go against my values, especially when caught between a rock and hard place, and no doubt I will find myself there again. I think that being aware of my core values in the moment and aware that "this goes against everything or something that I stand for" helps me to bring some trust and flexibility to the situation. I don't think others can make me go against my values, they can create situations that make it tempting, but the choice is always mine. Sometimes going against my values bought regret, but not always. For example I value smart and calculated risk taking, however I have taken some dumb risk, sometimes with regret, and sometimes not.

    Kim Davis

    ReplyDelete