Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Walking The Talk

Greetings Beloved Ones!
Our author states, "The best way to discover what your values are is to look closely at your behavior. Your behavior is the only true measure of your values. Everything else is wishful thinking."

Now that is deep and oh so true! We often talk a good game but when it comes time to actually do what we say, we fall short. We can fool ourselves with all of our talk because it sounds so good to us and others. But, the proof is in the pudding!

The questions for today are:
. What can you hear yourself saying but not see yourself doing?
. What are your consistent behaviors telling you?
. Is there anything that needs to change? And how will you actually go about changing it?
. Is there anything standing in the way between your commitment or desire, and your action?

Ok Beloveds, if you sign up, show up!

Make it a great day,
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. What’s standing between me and my values, commitments, desires and my actions is fear!

    Fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of success, and fear of not having what I need to thrive.

    What needs to change is for me to have a total reliance upon God. Intellectually, I know that God and fear can’t co-exist, but sometimes I allow the fear thoughts to take up residence in my consciousness and immobilize me. There was a book I enjoyed that sums up how to deal with my fear, “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”. The good news is that the fear thoughts don’t last long anymore - I’m working on eradicating the fear thoughts completely. Now I take the guidance of Jerry and Esther Hicks and focus on what I do want and hold that vibration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pondered for 30 minutes now and concluded that I am just "dog-gone" happy.
    I tend not to talk much and I'm a list person (I was hoping to come up with something to add to my list). I once had China on the list, I climbed the great wall in 2003. No matter how big or small, scary or boring, there is something about putting it in writing that motivates me to act upon it. I guess the list is one of my metaphysical tools, as is keeping goals secret until after I achieve them, especially the big ones. To add a little pressure I keep a time ranged list: near term-30-90 days, short term 3-6mon, and long term 6mon-2yrs. This usually makes me stick to the plan for achieving whatever it is and checking it off the list. I can say that winning the mega million lottery has been on the list for way too long, and not for lack of effort, I will let you know when I check it off:)

    Kim Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. In these times when so much kinetic energy is in the air, and many folks feel lost and confused, it is time for me/us to be grounded in the truth. My life is becoming a classroom for 'Walking My Talk'. What supports me in this personal process is getting up every morning and beginning my day with daily worship and devotion. Once I set my intention for being focused in my GOD Counciousness usually my day unfolds heavenly. And, when I wander off course the still small voice of the Divine can direct me back to the light within,...that is if I am listening and obeying. I am praying to hear better and yeild to the guidance I know is there.

    ReplyDelete