Thursday, December 9, 2010

Body, Instincts And Expectations

Good Day Wondefful Ones!

How are you living? Do you know what you need on the subtle level of life? Are you connected to what your body is saying it needs? Are you aware of your body's inner signs and signals for attention?

The author says, " A disconnected life is not loving". We are not loving ourselves when we disregard our internal or physical cries for help. It is time to tune in!

The questions for today are:
. Are you in touch with your own inner wisdom and body awareness? Can you hear what your body is saying to you?
. Do you remember learning to distrust your body as a child? ( ex. When you may have expressed to a parent or adult that you were "hot" and they commented that you weren't because it was not that hot outside!)
. Are you able to connect your body's signals with an emotional need or your state of mind?

Action Step: Today, notice what your body is feeling throughout the day AND, connect it to your emotional state at the time or what you may be needing. Or, notice your emotional state first and then see how it is registering in your body!

Make it a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I am very much in touch with my body signals, although there is a language barrier when it comes to understanding what my body is telling me. I may not always pay attention or understand what my body is saying to me. But when I focus, it’s easier to hear its message. The repeated signals are clearer, but this lesson made me look closer at something I had been ignoring.

    We’ve all heard, it’s not what you eat; it’s what eating you but I thought that didn’t apply to me. Being a really happy person, I’ve always described my love of food - as simply that. Today I realized that my biggest craving is for comfort foods. Since I’ve often described those foods as things I love, I can now easily see how they are my substitutions for actual love (relationships with family and a partner.) While I know my family loves me, sometimes I feel starved of indicators. I certainly have self-love, but I am starved of companionship and male affection. I have good friends that love me and I love them back, but I still have so much passion and affection that’s being stifled and wasted. (Please don’t think, giving love to our troops, the homeless, orphans or stray pets are alternative avenues to spread the kind of affection I’m talking about - SMILE)

    It’s not enough to know what I need and how harmful my replacements can be. How do I get what I need -or until that time - find better replacements? Hopefully, future chapters of this book will answer that question. I will not jump ahead; I will not jump ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Ditto to Jean's comment. And I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I have a husband but I still crave attention. I love my family dearly, but I don't always like them. I too have a lot of passion and affection that's being stifled and wasted.

    However, I believe GOD gives us nothing but lessons and blessings which to me are the same.

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved Jean's comments. It is great to begin to see routine behaviors in a new light. For me, I realize just how out of tune I am with my body. I don't pay much attention to it, if I do manage to hear it, I often times ignore it. I minimize its needs. It is a shock to me when I fully grasp that sometimes I won't even let myself go to the bathroom. I will put off my need and say, "wait until I am done with this task". That seems crazy to me that I would be so disconnected and so dismissive of myself. The light is shining on me today and I am seeing things differently.

    ReplyDelete