Thursday, December 16, 2010

Actions Speak

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Well, I just lost two postings this morning and in thought they were great. I guess the universe wants me to take the lesson on action to heart! I truly wanted to scream and act out but the message foe today is ringing in my head.

The author gives us another powerful statement to ponder: "Through our behavior, we live out our deepest and most truthful feelings about ourselves."

While it is true that what you do speaks loudly about you, it is also true that we can all put on a good show and "do" the right things outwardly but still feel empty inwardly! What are you doing that gives you meaning and fulfillment? How are you treating yourself by doing or not doing what you desire? What are the promises you made to yourself that we are not keeping? The answer to all of these questions will tell you whether you see being kind and true to yourself or not.

The questions for today are:
. What do you want to do differently, more of, or better in your life? And, more importantly what is your PLAN for doing it?
. Is there something that you do regularly that could be considered "self-sabotage"?
. Think about a situation that caused you to feel anxious, shameful, disconnected, or empty; how did you reconnect back to values that were more loving and appreciative of yourself?

Action Step for today: Do a little less talking and a lot more doing!

Well, I am off to honor my promises to myself!

Make it an fulfilling day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. In last night’s class, we did an exercise that was expanded to include an action step. Thanks to my partner, I now have an action step that is extremely simple. But, the commitment I made (to myself and God) to create a realistic, doable daily schedule, could help me reconnect with values that will lead to a more loving experience of my life. Adhering to such a schedule would be showing greater respect to the life that God has given me. That would make me proud, kinder and even happier than I am.

    ReplyDelete