Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Off The page and into your life

Good Day Beloved Ones!

I love the title of today's lesson, "off the page and into your life." It implies action! You can't just talk about who you are you have to be who you say you are; you can't just say what you want to do, you have to do it, (Nike is right!). You have to be an "Action Hero"!

Our author says,"Values gain value only when you allow them to support you, when they shift the way you see a situation and respond to it.". Yes! Everything else is just lip service.

The questions for today are lengthy but well worth your time and effort if....you "value" your inner life.
So:
. What do you stand for?
. What would other people assume that you stand for, based on your actions, the decisions you make, what you talk about, how you organize your finances--especially the way you spend your time?
. What would you like to stand for?
. Are the values you believe you hold the same values you live out in your everyday life?
. What does your behavior say about your values?

Well, look deep and open wide!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays all!

    It's really a beautiful day all around.

    I stand for freedom (physical, mental, spiritual, financial...) and the power that comes from freeing mySelf from within. The external freedoms came fairly easy for me, but I don't take them for granted. I am constantly at work with my inner, just to make sure I don't bind mySelf in. Most people that know me are aware of my love of freedom and it is very obvious in my external surroundings, as well as how I experience life. Absolute freedom is such a precious gift, unfortunately not everyone experiences it.

    I would like to stand for helping others stand in their true power and from that strong foundation be free-in every way. I am in the process of finding my right and perfect way to serve in that capacity and while I am not there yet, I am hopeful.

    My behavior says, I value happiness because I am free or it could say I value freedom because I am happy:)

    Kim Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrutinized what I stand for and I am fairly pleased with the long list. I think a good part of what I stand for can be recognized by others, but I learned much more from this lesson. I learned that my behavior may mislead some to make the assumption that immediate gratification is part of my values; however, they would be mistaken. I also learned that there are several things I would have liked to clearly stand for while raising children - but did not. If only I could get a do-over.

    ReplyDelete