Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Careful listening supports you

Greetings Beloved Ones!

How can you gain a sense of self by listening to someone else without interjecting your thoughts and opinions? Well, because you are perhaps so comfortable with yourself that you do not need to hear yourself or ensure that others hear you over themselves.

Listening is truly an art. It takes a fair amount of self control to take the focus off of yourself and allow it to rest on another. But giving someone your full and complete attention is a gift to that person and you grow stronger in the process.

. When was the last time you listened to someone and did not interrupt or interject a comment or statement about yourself?
. When was the last time you felt heard, truly heard?

Listen Up! Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. These careful listening lessons are speaking to me from both sides of the table because some the traits mentioned are those I abhor and yet I recognize them in myself. I find myself often editing someone else’s words. Although my own interruptions may not usually be self-centered, they are rude nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete