Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thoughts can be changed

Good Day Awakened Ones!

Someone said, "no one is born with a bad attitude, but many people die with one"! Help!, my attitude is killing me! If you truly look at your life, the experiences you have, your actions and reactions are offen a reflection of the thoughts you are holding in your mind. They create your basic attitude towards life and people.

Thoughts can be changed! It may not be easy but it is possible. See if you can develope the practice of observing your thoughts. Try to notice the quality of your thoughts and the energy behind them. Ask yourself where is that thought coming from? What is driving that opinion, or belief? What is the emotional charge behind the thought? Is it fear based, or ego driven, or coming from a place of love and deep awareness of good and truth?

This is a great way to change your thoughts and attitudes. When I woke upnthis morning I was feeling a bit discouraged, then as I observed those feelings, I heard a higher thought that said, "being or getting discouraged is just the ego's way of keeping you entangled in negativity, just keep going and moving forward". That newe thought immediately changed my attitude and feelings of discouragement. So....stop, look and listen to your thoughts....you just might want to change them.,

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. For me, this is the core lesson of Choosing Happiness -- awakening to the fact that we can change our thoughts and thereby change our experience of the world. I know God gave us free will but I guess I've thought of that mainly in terms of freedom to choose how we act, but choosing how we think is much more liberating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Change your mind; and you can change your life!"

    ReplyDelete