Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Think of life as a series of imperfect facts

Good Day Awakened Ones!

You may not know it but I am a recovering perfectionist. OK, if the truth be told, I have fallen off the wagon a few times....ok, several times!

Oh how I think things should be perfect! I am not conscious of that but the fact that I get upset when they aren't is a tell tale sign of a perfectionist.

The popular phrase of "Go with the Flow", has some value when applied appropriately. If we understand that life is a series of imperfect experiences then we are better able to handle whatever is before us.

People are also imperfect and if we can hold them in that light when something doesn't go quite right, forgiveness and understanding are easier to come into play.

. What are some of your imperfections?
. When was the last time you made a mistake? How did you react? How did others around you react?
. If your life were perfect what would it look like?

Well, that ought to keep you for a while! Make it a valuable day!

Rev. Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. For many years, when something challenging happens in my day-to-day life, I have said - aloud and to myself - “Life will always have ups and downs and if this (situation) is one of my downs, I’m blessed. Things could be so much worse.”

    Accepting life as imperfect is fairly easy for me; however, I have trouble accepting my own flaws and far more trouble with the flaws in others. Again, being judgmental is just one of the traits I am trying to overcome.

    ReplyDelete