Friday, March 25, 2011

Focus on process not applause

Greetings Beloved Ones!

Our author states, "our culture is highly critical and competitive." How true! The media thrives on critiquing others and our young are encouraged to compete as a way of success. Both of these qualities has a lasting effect upon our developement.

Instead of striving to "be the best", why not simply strive to "do your best.". Doing your best without fear of judgement, criticism, or comparison will free you beyond measure. It will bring an inner sense of fulfillment that allows you to access even higher levels of creativity. It is the inner process that matters most.

. Is there something you are not particularly good at but you enjoy doing immensely?
. What brings you a sense of fulfillment ?
. Are you overcritical of yourself?
. How do you encourage yourself?

Make it a valuable day!
Rev. Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rev Sumter. Don't let technology stop you. I hope you enjoy the process.

    Sometimes completing a task gives me fulfilment. My job is very detail oriented. I often make a list to help me stay on my timeline. Although the project is not done I enjoy crossing off completed tasks. I have even brought colored markers to make the whole process enjoyable. (That's the kid in me!)

    Some days I am less critical than others. I choose to start over, be forgiving and recognize the paradox of a spiritual being having a human experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lesson supports my lack of competitiveness. Since reaching adulthood, I have lived up to greater standards and expectations - Mine! I set my own bar, sometimes lower than the next guy's.

    ReplyDelete